Friday 16 October 2009

The War Cabinet Rooms and the Churchill Museum


So I had been excited about this museum even since before I came to London because Jen Thomas had recommended it as one of her favourite things. The War Cabinet Rooms was the area underneath the City of London that during WWII controlled basically the Prime Minister’s cabinet as well as most of the government and war effort headquarters. I loved hearing the stories of Churchill butting heads with his cabinet but still respecting their opinions and not running a dictatorship.


My favourite area was the loo that always said “occupied” and people just believed that it was a special loo for the Prime Minister but rather it was a secret telephone room. Then we went to the Churchill Museum and I learned all sorts of interesting things about Winston Churchill that I had never known. It was a very multimedia exhibit and I enjoyed learning more about the man behind all those powerful and great words. Definitely gave me a desire to read a biography on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment